Sonam Kapoor is an Indian actress born on 9th June, 1985.
Her career as an actress:
She made her acting debut in romantic drama in the year 2007. She made her commercial success in the year 2010 in the film I hate Luv Storys. The film Ranjhaana marked a significant turning point in her career. She then worked for the film Khubsoorat and Dolly ki Doli in the year 2014 and 2015. She then played the role of Princess for the melodrama Prem Ratan Dhan Payo in the year 2015. She was then featured as the female protagonist for the film Neerja in the year 2016.
Her engagement in Philanthropy:
She has supported various charitable organizations for various causes. She participated in the Indian Film Academy Awards Fashion show that supports widows and orphan of Indian Film Industry workers. She auctioned some of her clothes on stylist Pernia Qureshi's online fashion boutique, Pernia's Pop-Up Shop, in 2012.
The proceeds were donated to Smile Foundation, a child-welfare organization. She also walked the ramp in a 2015 fashion show by Manish Malhotra for the Mijwan Welfare Society, a non-profit organisation dedicated to empowering girls. The same year, she appeared with Hrithik Roshan in the music video for "Dheere Dheere", whose profits were donated to charity.
Her personal life:
Kapoor has been subjected to various controversies, including:
- After the release of her film Aisha, her co-actor Abhay Deol publicly expressed his disappointment over the amount of attention given to Sonam rather than other things.
- After she was chosen as the brand ambassador for one of the products of L'Oreal she was excited to work on the red carpet at Cannes with Aishwarya Bachchan who refused to work with her. After this incident, she said, "Ash has worked with my dad so I have to call her Aunty."
- In an interview with film critic Anupama Chopra at the Cannes, when she was asked about Katrina Kaif, she considered Katrina's success to "a certain kind of shamelessness" in doing "over the top films."
Her Body figure:
Before entering into the industry, Sonam Kapoor was a really chubby girl with the weight of 90 kgs but has lost her weight tremendously and now appears to have a toned body.
Her alleged relationship:
Though she is pretty vocal about social issues, her alleged link up with Sahir Berry, an entrepreneur-model, always makes her enter the silence zone. However, in an interview with BollywoodLife.com, Sonam has revealed about the alleged rumours about her and Sahir.
Awards and Recognitions:
Some of the titles Sonam Kapoor was awarded are as follows:
- For the film Sawaariya, she won the title of Superstar for tomorrow.
- She won the title of Best Actress in Comedy and Romance for the film Khoobsurat.
- For the film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, she was awarded with the title of Most Entertaining Actor in a romantic role- Female.
- She achieved award in the categories Woman Empowerment, Critics Choice, Best Actress, Icon of the Year, Editor's Choice Best Actress of the Year, Best Actress (Critics) for her film Neerja in the year 2016 and 2017.
1. Anand Ahuja confessed having a crush on Sonam Kapoor
(28th February 2017)
Even though Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja have been dating for quite a long period of time, they have never publicized about their relationship status. Though, they often have been seen hanging out with each other on their family outings, both of them have remained silent about their relationship status
. Both of them post pictures with each other at times on their respective social media handles. In fact, recently, Sonam even stepped out with Anand at the India Art Fair in Delhi where the duo didn't shy away from being clicked by the paparazzi. Now, as per latest reports, in an Interview with Vogue, when Anand was asked whom did he have a style crush on, he quipped saying "Sonam Kapoor."
2. Is there negativity between Kareena Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor?
(January 31st, 2017)
Here's what Sonam Kapoor has to say about their equation:
I Am Glad We Bond So Famously
Well "Our families have been friends for three generations now. That's reason enough for us to be as close. I am so glad that we bond so famously well. Her dadi and my dadi are best friends. Raj (Kapoor) sir and my grandfather used to work together. Our families have been very, very close and I don't think that should ever change.''
There Is No Negativity
According to the way Bebo and I think, there is no negativity. The way we live our lives or even our perspective towards life in general, is very similar. We like to have fun and at the same time, bring in some integrity to our work or a film we are a part of. And above all, we are very straightforward."
I Really Look Up To Kareena
There is only kindness and goodness in her heart and a lot of people don't see it because she has such a fun attitude. But I love that about her, and I really look up to her.