His journey as an actor:
Siddharth Malhotra, an Indian actor and former model was born in 16th of January, 1985. Starting his career as an actor, being dissatisfied by his profession, he assisted Karan Johar in his directorial journey for the film My Name is Khan.
Malhotra then made his acting debut in the film Student of the Year alongside Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan directed by Karan Johar. Next he worked for the film Haseen Toh Phaseen in the year 2014. Malhotra’s second release for the year 2014 was a romantic thriller Ek Villian. In 2015, Malhotra appeared in the remake of the Hollywood film Warrior, entitled Brothers. Despite high expectations from Trade Analysis, the film received negative reviews and under-performed at the Box Office. In the year 2016, he appeared in the movie Baar Baar Dekho, and has also committed to re-unite with Bhatt in the romance Aashiqui 3. In addition, Malhotra will star in a remake of the 1969 mystery film Ittefaq.
Other works by Siddharth Malhotra:
Apart from acting in films, he is also an endorser of several brands and products, such as Coca Cola, Corneto, and American Swan.
In the year 2013, he collaborated with Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Aditya Roy Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor, and Huma Qureshi to raise funds for the flood affected victims of Uttarkhand. He worked with PETA for a campaign to create awareness about dogs.
- Malhotra sued his two fans for Rs. 10 crores.
- Two siblings from Delhi opened a fan club website of Siddharth and started selling merchandise and t-shirt too in the star’s name.
- After entering into Bollywood, he has always paid special attention to his diet.
- Instead of being Punjabi at heart, he has always been a real foodie.
- His special diet includes: less carbs, high proteins, lots of fruits, and salads. But keeping his diet plan aside, he eats whatever he wants during weekends.
- Siddharth is obsessive about playing some sports and gets restless if he does not get get anything to play. He believes playing any sport gives an exit path to all his emotions like anger, stress, love and all.
- According to the sources, Siddharth is dating Alia Bhatt. The couple has been spotted together at many places. The couple has not yet accepted their relationship and has maintained their status of remaining good friends.
His Achievements and Recognitions:
Sidharth Malhotra also got many awards for his superb performance in various movie. Some of them are:
- In 2012, the actor got nominated for Filmfare award for Best Male Debut, Screen awards in the category of most promising new comer male, ETC Bollywood business awards in the category of most profitable debut male, Big Star Entertainment award in the category of Most entertaining actor debut- male. He got these award nominations for his film ‘Student of the Year’.
- In 2014, Malhotra received BIG Star Entertainment Awards in the category of Most Entertaining actor in a romantic film male for his film Hasee Toh Phasee.
Jacqueline Fernandez seduces Siddharth Malhotra for ‘Reload’, a sequel of Bang Bang?
(February 3rd, 2017)
Filmmaker duo Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK concluded the Sidharth Malhotra-Jacqueline Fernandez-starrer Reload recently. With Jackie doing a pole dance, they’re guessing it is an attempt to seduce her on-screen love interest in the last shoot.
A source from the sets told a tabloid that “The song, called Chandralekha was shot in Mumbai over three days on a set designed as a nightclub. Jackie took some classes in pole dancing before the shoot to look convincing onscreen. The song has been choreographed by Adil Shaikh, who recently won the Filmfare award for Best Choreography Filmfare for Kar Gayi Chull from Kapoor & Sons.” The disclosure was followed by a party on the sets.
Shot in Miami, Bangkok and Mumbai, Reload will have an August 25 release. Sid plays a fresh recruit, along with Darshan Kumar of Mary Kom and NH10 fame and they’re mentored by Suneil Shetty, an ex-colonel.
Siddharth Malhotra and Sonakshi Sinha’s Ittefaq to be a songless film
Red Chillies Entertainment along with BR Films and Dharma Productions have already announced their joint venture — the modern-day adaptation of the classic thriller Ittefaq which will now have Sidharth Malhotra and Sonakshi Sinha playing the leads. The makers are trying to make a film with a runtime shorter than two hours. Also Ittefaq will be a songless film. Sidharth confirms this, but adds, “We will either have a promotional track or a theme track. We are working on it.”
The actor revealed that the film goes on floors this February and also told us that it’s “not a remake, but an adaptation” of the old Rajesh Khanna blockbuster. “There will obviously be changes. We can’t keep the ending the same because then there would be no mystery otherwise. Abhay Chopra is reworking the entire plot and no, it’s not a period film. It’s based in contemporary times.” He adds.
Malhotra further says, “I have never worked with Sonakshi previously except that we did a fashion show together once. We are not playing lovers and it’s not a run-of-the-mill typical boy-meets-girl story. It’s actually thrilling and mysterious about what happened on that one particular night. But yes, I interact with her character the most in the film.”
Is Siddharth Malhotra trying to hide his new look?
(9th February, 2017)
Now that he has begun work on Abhay Chopra’s Ittefaq, Sidharth Malhotra has been hiding his short mane under a cap.
The film is a remake of BR Chopra’s 1969 production of the same name. It starred Rajesh Khanna and Nanda. Sid wants to add a personal touch to the role, and opted for a haircut. The film is set in contemporary times, so a chic, short cut was suitable.
Sid’s character has grey shades to it too.