Her journey as an actress:
An actress, singer, and a song writer born in 18th of July 1982, Although Chopra initially aspired to study Aeronautical engineering; she accepted offers to join Indian Film Industry which came as a result of her pageant wins. At the age of 20, Chopra made her debut in 2002 film Thamizhan and continued with another film Jeet: Born to win that same year.
She appeared for the bollywood movies in the year 2003. These movies include: The Hero-Love story of the spy, Andaaz, Plan, Kismat, Asambhav, Mujhe Sadhi Karogi, and Aitraz- all of which released in the year 2004. While most of these films underperformed at the box office, Chopra found success with the romantic comedy, Mujhse Saadhi Karogi.
More interesting facts:-
Though none of the films she started for in the year 2005 were a success, she starred for the two successful films: Krrish and Don in the year 2006. In 2007, Chopra finally found little success in the Box Office. Also in 2008, Chopra started for a women-centric film 'Fashion' which was a huge success despite being widely criticized. And in 2009, she stretched her abilities playing 12 different roles in the movie 'What's Your Rashee?' In 2014, she starred in the title role of Mary Kom, a film based on the real-life story of the female boxing champion.
The film was the first Hindi-made movie to premiere on opening night at the Toronto International Film Festival and put Chopra in the global cinema spotlight once more. In all, over the course of her short career, Chopra has appeared in nearly 50 films, with more recent titles including Agneepath, Barfi! and Bajirao Mastani.
In 2015, Chopra signed on to the cast of Quantico, an American TV show about FBI recruits. With the role, Chopra becomes the first Indian woman to star in a leading American TV network drama and marks her most visible crossover to date from Bollywood to Hollywood.
Her music career:
- Chopra's main vocal motivator was her father who believed that she was an incredible singer.
- Chopra became the first Bollywood star signed by Creative Artists Agency in the year 2012. She moved to the US and collaborated with Sam Watters, Matthew Koma, and Jay Sean.
- Her Debut to the singing was 'In My City'. The song was inspired from her journey from small-town girl to a celebrity.
- She also received the Trailblazer Award from the South Asian Media, Marketing and Entertainment Association for becoming the bollywood actor to win the majot record deal in the U.S.
- Chopra released her another single 'Exotic' featuring American Rapper Pitbull along with it's music video.
- Chopra's first song as a playback singer in Bollywood was 'Chaoro', a lullaby from Mary Kom.
- She also sang the Duet with Farah Khan as a title song for 'Dil Dhadakne Do'.
- She also made her Marathi Language playback singing Debut with "Baba".
Her Achievements and Recognition:
- Winner of Miss World 2000.
- Honored with the 'National Film Award for Best Actress' for her role in the movie 'Fashion'.
- She has won four Film-fare Award in her career: Best female debut for 'Andaaz', Best performance for Negative Role in 'Aitraaz', Best Actress for 'Fashion', and critics Award for Best Actress for '7 Khoon Maaf'.
- In October 2012, her single 'In my city' won the Best International Debut Award' at the People's Choice Award India.
- In December 2012, she received three nominations: Best Female Artist, Best Song, and Best Video at the World Music Awards. She also received the Trailblazer Award from the South Asian Media, Marketing and Entertainment Association for becoming the Bollywood actor to win the major record deal in the U.S.
- During the shooting of 'Aitraaz', there were rumors that Priyanka Chopra was having an affair with Akshay Kumar. The two denied this rumor in media. Akshay Kumar made a solemn promise to keep his distance from Priyanka, and the two have maintained a distance since then.
- Affair with Shah Rukh Khan though the two of them vehemently denied it.
- Post the SRK affair, for some reason, Karan Johar and Priyaka Chopra shared cold vibes. Karan Johar also lashed out at Chopra on Twitter.
- Priyanka Chopra and Sahid Kapoor seemed to have been dating for a bit. Neither of the two confirmed the details, but repeatedly followed and unfollowed each other in Twitter leading to more suspicion.
Priyanka Chopra as a Philanthropist
- Chopra supports various causes related to the girl child through her foundation. She founded "The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education" which works towards providing support to unprivileged children across the country in the areas of Education and Health.
- Worked with UNICEF from 2006, and appointed as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights on August 2010.
- She is also the supporter of environmental charities and is a Brand Ambassador of NDTV Greenathon, an initiative to support eco-friendliness and provide solar power to rural villages without electricity supplies.
How Akshay Kumar reacts to his affair with Priyanka Chopra?
In the show 'Aap Ki Aadalat', Akshay Kumar was asked about his supposed fallout with Priyanka Chopra who he has worked with in five blockbusters. The two stopped working together when their affair rumors started spreading. Akshay said, "There is nothing like that. I have worked on five films with Priyanka. It's not like I don't want to work with her. Except for Rani Mukherji, I have worked with every heroine. If there is an opportunity, I will surely work with Priyanka Chopra."
He also denied rumors about him parting ways with Producers Ekta Kapoor and choreographer Farah Khan. He replied about this issue saying, 'Let us call Priyanka Chopra, Ekta Kapoor, and Farah Khan and check if they have any issue with me. That way you will know for sure."
How Deepika Padukone does react on being compared to Priyanka Chopra?
Deepika Padukone was asked by US based entertainment portal if she could be able to cut it through the film industry like Priyanka Chopra. As these actresses have always remained mum on this matter and have always showered each other and complimented each other, Padukone replied, "It's not fair to make comparisons. Let me just say everyone has a different path and journey."
Tom Hiddleston gets flirty with Priyanka Chopra at Emmy After-party.
Tom Hiddleston, seen all smiling when attending the 2016 Emmy Award. According to E! News Report, Hiddleston and Chopra were seen 'openly flirting'. Also reported that the two actors exchanged phone numbers before embracing a long hug and several kisses on the cheek. They left the event about the minute after each other.
Hiddleston and Chopra also took the stage together to present an award during the ceremony held at Los Angeles' Microsoft Theatre.