Leonardo DiCaprio: Journey as an actor:
Leonardo DiCaprio stepped into his acting career through television commercials and educational films. Later, he worked for several TV series including soap opera: Santa Barbara, and the sitcom: Growing Pains. He finally starred as Josh in Critters 3 in 1991, which marks his entry in the film industry. Leonardo DiCaprio then went on acting for several films, among which some of them are: Inception, The Departed, Titanic, The Wolf of Wall street, Shutter Island, Blue Diamond, The Great Gatsby, The Revenant and likewise.
His Achievements and Recognition:
- The film 'Titanic' is unarguably one of DiCaprio's best performances. His portrayal of the poor artist Jack Dawson in the movie captivated the audience and catapulted DiCaprio to superstardom. The film eventually became major commercial hit. 'Titanic' also received 14 Academy Award nominations out of which film won 11. Leonardo's popularity skyrocketed and he entered the people magazine's list of "50 Most Beautiful People" in 1997 and 1998.
- He Won the Satellite Award for the Best Supporting Actor for his work in 'The Departed'.
- Nominated in the Best Actor category by the Golden Globes as well as the Screen Actors Guild.
- Leonardo DiCaprio has been active as a socially responsible citizen, which is evident from his concern for the environment. The year 2000 that saw his participation for the celebration of the Earth Day and an interview with the President Bill Clinton on the issue of global warming says it all.
- Closely linked to the Leonardo DiCaprio Fund at California Community Foundation as the non-profit set up that works on various environmental issues.
- Leonardo DiCaprio won a nomination for the VH1 Do Something Award in 2010 for his contribution in the field of environmental issues.
- Appointed as the United Nations representative on climate change in the year 2014.
- DiCaprio played the role of Hugh Glass, an American frontiersman and explorer in the film 'The Revenant'. The film received positive reviews, mostly for its performances, direction, and cinematography, and earned DiCaprio several prestigious awards. He won an Academy Award for the Best Actor in 2016 for the same movie.
- Leonardo's personal life has always been center of attraction because of the numbers of affairs he had. His links ups and break ups with models like Gisele Bundchen, Bar Raefeli, and Toni Garrn have made headlines in Gossip magazines.
- He also underwent a severe facial injury in 2005 when model Aretha Wilson, hit him with a broken bottle.
- He was also in relationship with the actress Blake Lively in the year 2011.
- Leonardo owns a house in Los Angeles and an apartment in Battery Park City, Lower Manhattan.
- He owns an island Belize which he purchased in 2009 with the plan of crafting an eco-friendly resort. He also bought the original Dinah Shore residence in 2014 which is crafted on the architectural designs of Donald Wexler in Palm Springs.
His engagement as a Philanthropist:
- In 1998, DiCaprio and his mother donated $35,000 for a "Leonardo DiCaprio Computer Centre" at the Los Feliz branch of the Los Angeles Public Library, the site of his childhood home. It was rebuilt after the 1994 Northridge earthquake and opened in early 1999.
- During the filming of 'Blood Diamond', DiCaprio worked with 24 orphan children from the SOS Children Village in Maputo Mozambique, and is said to be extremely touched by his interaction with children.
- In November 2010, DiCaprio donated $1,000,000 to the Wildlife Conservative Society at Russia's Tiger Summit.
- In Early 2016, he gave a charity donation and spoke about environmental issues.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Nina Agdal split claim has been falsified
"Leo and Nina: It's Over" was a headline of the magazine 'In Touch'. The article reads "went from being hot and heavy to barely seeing each other." The supposed article continues, "His relationship with Nina will likely just fade out." But Gossip Cop checked in with the reliable source and assured that DiCaprio and Agdal are still very much together. In fact, they were vacationing together in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico earlier Jan 2017.