Katrina Kaif, an actress and model was born on 16th of July, 1983.
Her career as a model and an actress:
She received her first modeling assignment as a teenager and later pursued career as a fashion model. At a fashion show in London, film maker Kaizad Gustad noticed Kaif and decided to cast her in the film Boom, which was released in the year 2003 but happened to be a commercial failure.
Though she had a poor command over English, after appearing in the Telugu film Malliswari in the year 2004, She earned commercial success in Bollywood with the romantic comedies Mainey Pyar Kyun Kiya, and Namaste London.
Even though she appeared in the box office hits, she was criticized for her acting, repetitive roles and inclination to male-dominated films. Kaif appeared in several films which achieved her awards, including: Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, New York, Rajneeti, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Ek Tha Tiger, and Dhoom 3. In addition to acting, she has also appeared in her mother's charity and participated in the stage shows.
Her off screen works:
She is involved with Relief Projects India, a charitable trust run by her mother which rescues abandoned baby girls and works to prevent female infanticide. Her winnings from the game shows 10 Ka Dum and Kaun Banega Crorepati were donated to her mother's Mercy Home orphanage. In 2009 and 2010, she also walked the ramp for charity as part of Salman Khan's "Being Human" show.
To raise funds for a new school in Madura she recorded Rhyme Skool, an album of nursery rhymes composed by A. R. Rahman. In 2011, she visited sepoys in Jammu as part of NDTV's reality program Jai Jawan. The following year, she visited the Cancer Patients Aid Association to gift cancer survivors and increase public awareness of breast and cervical cancer.
She has also performed onstage, participating in Shah Rukh Khan's "Temptations Reloaded" world concert tour in 2008. She also performed with Akon at the closing ceremony of the 2009 Indian Premier League at the Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg, and joined Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Pitbull in Kolkata for the opening ceremony of the 2013 IPL season. In 2016, she joined other Indian celebrities for the "Dream Team Tour", where they performed in various American cities.
Her Personal Life:
She is a very emotional, sensitive and a private person. She loves the film industry, but on the other hand is also a homebody. She was a shy child in the school who nobody liked and was not popular for the same matter of fact.
- Her personal photos with ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor were leaked on the internet during their trip to Ibiza.
- During the shooting of the film Namaste London, she went to Ajmer Sharif Dargah in short skirt which hurt people's religious sentiments.
Awards and Recognitions:
Katrina Kaif has won 35 Awards, some of them includes:
- The most entertaining actor in a romantic film- Female for the film Jab Tak Hain Jaan. For the same film, she received an Award of Best On Screen Jodi (which was shared with Shah Rukh Khan).
- In the year 2011, she received an Award of Best Actress (Popular Choice) for the film Rajneeti and Tees Maar Khan.
- And in the year 2013, she received the same Award, i.e Best Actress (Popular Choice) for the film Ek Tha Tiger and Jab Tak Hain Jaan.
- She won the title of Breakthrough Performance- Female for the film Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya?
- In 2010, she won the title of the Best Actress- Popular Choice for the film New York and Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani.
- AS well as she received an Award of Best Actress in a Comedy Romance for the film Tees Maar Khan in the year 2011.
Her Love and Relationship headlines:
- Katrina is said to have dated Ranbir Kapoor. Their relationship status was often talked of in the past.
- She is also said to have dated Salman Khan in the past.
Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif to work together in Shah Rukh Khan's next with Aanand L Rai
(27th of Feb, 2017)
Aanand L Rai has been planning his next film with Shah Rukh Khan for over a year now and it’s finally going on the floors next month. The director admitted last year that his film will have two leading ladies. For a long time it was being debated if one of these actresses would be Deepika Padukone or Katrina Kaif
The two actresses don’t talk or even acknowledge each other in public, so it will be interesting to see how they will work together. They want to work with SRK and Rai, which is why they agreed to do it. According to the film, the modalities of the film have been worked out.
REVEALED: Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's looks for Tiger Zinda Hai
(20th of February, 2017)
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif are reuniting on screen again. They are working together for the film ZindaHai, which is a sequel of the famous Ek Tha Tiger. The shooting for the film started on 4th of March. The designers Ashley Rebello and Alvira Agnihotri who will be styling Salman and Kat in the film have revealed their look.