Deepika Padukone is one of the hightest paid Indian film actress. She is nation’s one of the most popular and attractive personalities.
Her journey as an actress:
Deepika Padukone made her debut in acting career in 2006 as the title character of the Kannada film Aishwarya. She then played a dual role in her first Bollywood release in 2007- Om Shanti Om. She then played for the romance Bachna Ae Hasino in the year 2008, the romance Love Aajkal in 2009, Drama Lafangey Parindey in the year 2010, and the comedy Housefull in the year 2010.
In the year 2010, the film ‘Cocktail’ marked a turning point in her career. Her rise began with the prominence roles in the year 2013 with the films Yeh Jawani Hain Deewani and Chennai Express. She then played for the films Happy New Year and Bajirao Mastani (highest-grossing bollywood films) in the year 2014 and 2015 respectively.
Her Other Works:
In addition to acting, she has written opinion columns and has been involved with women’s health and fitness magazines. She has also supported charitable organisations, and has performed for stage shows. In 2009, she was hired to write for their lifestyle section by Hindustan Times. With this section, she was able to interact with her fans and share about her personal and professional life.
She also adopted the Maharashtrian village of Ambegaon as part of NDTV’s Greenathon Campaign, to provide the village with a regular supply of electricity. As well as she visited Indian jawans (troops) in Jammu, for an Independence Day special episode of NDTV’s reality show Jai Jawaan.
Also, She took part in the opening ceremony of the third season of the Indian Premier League at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai. After three years, she shared the stage with Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, and Pitbull for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League. In the year 2013, she came up with her own line of clothing for women, which was run in association with the retail chain Van Heusen. After two years, she worked with the fashion portal Myntra to launch another line under her brand “All About You”.
Deepika Padukone as a philanthropist:
According to her, new feminism isn’t about being aggressive. It’s actually about reaching the top but at the same time remaining soft. It’s all about being oneself- feminine, strong and full of will power.In October 2015, she formed a foundation to create awareness on mental health in India. The foundation was named The Live Love Laugh Foundation.
Next year, she launched a campaign named More Than Just Sad. T It was established with an objective to help general physicians in their treatment of patients suffering from depression or anxiety. In the year 2016, the foundation worked with Facebook and the AASRA organisation to launch multilingual tools and educational resources in Facebook’s networking site to support people with suicidal tendencies.
Her Personal Life:
- While filming Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008, she began a romantic relationship with co-star Ranbir Kapoor. She spoke openly about the relationship and sported a tattoo of his initials on the nape of her neck. She admitted that her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor had a really great impact on her, turning her into a more confident and social person.
- In 2011, a set of pictures showing Padukone kissing actor Siddharth Mallya at an Indian Premier League match were shared on the web. Though Deepika ignored the takings about their relationship, the rumor was widespread in Medias. Next year, there were reports about their break-up. To the rumors, she responded that only because they aren’t seen together doesn’t mean they broke up.
- And she has also denied about her relationship with Ranveer Singh stating that she is not in a frame of mind to be in a relationship.
Her Awards and Recognition:
Among so many awards, Award she achieved in the year 2016 includes:
- Best Movie Actor (Female) –Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
- IIFA Award for Best Actress –Piku
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actress –Bajirao Mastani
- TOIFA Best On-screen Jodi of The Year award –Bajirao Mastani
- FILMFARE AWARDS –Best Actress (Piku)
- Guild Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role –Piku
- As well as, Zee Cine Critics Award for Best Actor (Female) –Piku
- Star Screen Awards Best Actress –Popular Choice
- Star Screen Awards- Best Actor – (Female) –Piku
- Stardust Best Actor of the Year (Female) –Piku
Other Awards and Recognitions:
- Hello Magazine –India’s 50 Most Stylish List (August)
- GQ Men Of The Year Awards(India) –Woman of the year
- FHM –Sexiest Woman of the Year
- GRAZIA –Cover girl of the year
- VOGUE INDIA BEAUTY AWARDS –Beauty of the Year
- GQ MEN OF THE YEAR AWARDS –GQ Woman of the Year
- COSMOPOLITAN’S FUN FEARLESS FEMALE AWARDS –Most Stylish
- HELLO! HALL OF FAME –Most Glamorous Woman of the Year
- MARIE CLAIRE FASHION AWARDS –Editor’s Choice Awards
- COSMOPOLITAN FUN FEARLESS FEMALE AWARDS –Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female
- COSMOPOLITAN FUN FEARLESS FEMALE AWARDS –Fun Fearless Female (Upcoming Actor)
Deepika Padukone nails two disparate look at New York Fashion Week
(February 18, 2017)
Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra are gaining popularity even in the West. It is not only their international projects, but their fashion statements are also spreading a lot of positive image. On Wednesday, Deepika charmed the front row of Michael Kors Collection Fall 2017 runway show. Also, doing a minimal make up and making a slightly wavy hair, Deepika stunned the show. She clicked photos with actress Emily Ratajkowski, model Jourdan Dunn, and Japanese actress Hikari Mori. After stunning everyone with her look at Michael Kors’ show, she attended the next show on Thursday. She happened to match her white dress with a cream overcoat which looked equally amazing on her.