His journey as an actor:
Jaikishen Kakubhai, popularly known as Jackie Shroff is an Indian actor. He is a member ofHindi cinema Family for almost four decades, and as of 2015 worked in more than 207 films in Ten languages (Hindi, Konkani, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu)
In 1982, Shroff made his acting debut in Dev Anand’s movie Swami Dada. In 1983, he played a lead role in Subhash Ghai’s movie ‘Hero’. He continued to work in Shubash Ghai’s movies irrespective of roles that were offered to him. Some of the successful movies played by Jackie Shroff includes: Parinda, Gardish, Ram Lakhan, Kaash, Hero, Karma, Devdas, Khalnayak, Tridev, etc.
His Personal life:
- He married his long time girlfriend, Ayesha Dutt, who later became a film producer.
- The couple runs media company, Jackie Shroff Entertainment Limited.
- The couple also owned 10% shares in Sony TV since it’s launch until 2012, when they ended their 15 year association with Sony TV.
- They have one son and a daughter namely, Tiger Shroff and Krishna.
- Shroff is also the life member of International Film and Television Club of Asian Academy of Film and Television.
His Awards and Recognitions:
Shroff’s prominent awards and recognitions include:
- 1990: Won: Filmfare Award for Best Actor– Parinda
- 1994: Nominated: nomination– Gardish
- 1994: Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor– Khalnayak
- 1995: Won: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – 1942: A Love Story
- 1996: Won: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Rangeela
- 1997: Nominated: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Agni Sakshi
- 2002: Nominated: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Yaadein
- 2001: Nominated: Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role– Mission Kashmir
- 2003: Nominated: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Devdas
- 2007: Special Honour Jury Awardfor outstanding contribution to Indian cinema
- 2014: Won: The Original Rockstar GQ
Jackie Shroff and Controversies:
- When actress Tabu was 14 years old, she accused him of attempts to rape after calling her to his friend Danny Denzongpa’s house.
- In 2015, his wife Ayesha filed a cheating case against actor Sahil Khan for not giving back her INR 5 crores. After this, Sahil’s lawyer presented few intimate pictures of him and Ayesha in the court to show that there were much more than professional relation between the two.
This is when Amitabh Bachan starred Sarkar 3 will release in the theatres
(8th of February, 2017)
The release of Amitabh Bachan’s Sarkar 3 is now scheduled for April 7 instead of March 17. Sarkaar 3 is the third installment in the Sarkar film series, the previous ones were Sarkar (2005) and Sarkar Raj (2008). Sarkar 3 is an Indian version of Godfather film series. Actor Shroff will be reportedly playing the role of the villain. The director is now in talks with Jackie Shroff for ‘Sarkar 3’. Jackie has been approached for the role of villain. “He liked his role but is yet to sign the film as the dates and other formalities are being worked out.”, sources said.
Tiger Shroff’s sweet birthday wishes for father Jackie:
Actor Tiger Shroff has wished his father, Jackie Shroff happy birthday, by saying that although he has turned a year older, he will never be age.
Tiger Shroff shared a photograph of Jackie dressed in all-black and wished the original “hero”.
After Jackie turned 60
“Happy birthday daddddyyyy @bindasbhidu long live the hero! #doesntlook60,” told Tiger
The father-duo recently appeared on director-host Karan Johar’s latest episode of “Koffee With Karan”.
Other Bollywood celebrities also wished Jackie as he entered the sixth decade of his life, which include filmmaker Sajid Khan, actors Anupam Kher, Rohit Roy and Vivek Oberoi.