Atif Aslam: Journey as a Singer, Actor, and a Television personality:
Muhammad Atif Aslam, popularly known as Atif Aslam is a Pakistani singer and a film actor. His movie debut was a social Drama named Bol which was released in 2011. Supported and motivated by his friends, Atif Aslam began singing during his PICS days. He there met guitarist and talented young composer, Goher Mumtaz. After performing multiple songs at college and various restaurants, they eventually formed a band named ‘Jal’. Working together, they recorded the song Aadat with the help of accomplished Pakistani musician Salman Albert. The music video for ‘Aadat’ was shot in a warehouse in Karachi. The popularity of the song spurred all over Pakistan. With the popularity of the album ‘Jal’, they took a tour around Pakistan. While on their tour, they had some personal stuffs after which the two stopped singing together.
Atif Aslam then started off with his solo while Mumtaz continued with the band name ‘Jal’. Aslam made his debut to the solo album on 17 July 2004, which was named ‘Jal Pari’. Several songs from his debut album such as: Bheegi Yaadein, Mahi Ve, Ehsaas, and the title track Jal Pari went on to become major hit and charted across countries in the sub-continent.
He got his first entry to Bollywood when the director Mahesh Bhatt called Atif Aslam to seek his contest to include ‘Woh Lamhey’ in the soundtrack of his new motion picture Zeher in the year 2005. After the album Jal Pari, two of his successful albums Doorie and Meri Kahani were released. Atif Aslam also began releasing many songs for Bollywood which were highly successful.
He made his acting debut in the 2011 Pakistani movie Bol. He also made special appearances in many film songs.
Atif Aslam also appeared in the television as a captain of the Team Pakistani in a singing talent show Sur Kshetra which was shot and broadcast from Dubai, where Indian and Pakistani contestants competed against each other. At the end of the show, Nabeel Shaukhat Ali from Atif Aslam’s team won the contest.
His International tours:
- Atif Aslam made his solo debut concert in New Jersey in Summer Beasts 2008 at Sovereign Bank Arena, which also featured Kailash Kher, Richa Sharma, and Amanat Ali. After a sold-out concert in New Jersey, Aslam returned with his band and special guests to Queens Colden Center, New York to perform on 2 July 2010.
- Two years later, Aslam returned to the US. Collaborating with vocalist Shreya Ghoshal, their March 2010 tour originally had 10 shows announced in US and Canada. However, the response inspired the organizers to put shows in six more cities.
- The following month, Aslam made his debut in South America with a performance at Anthony Nesty Sports Hall, Suriname.
- He continued to tour the world with headline performances at the Royal Albert Hallin London, alongside Jay Sean). He followed that with dates, across major concert venues in the UK in 2010.
- Aslam performed with Sunidhi Chauhanfor the first time at Hershey Centre, Mississauga, followed by another show at Oracle Arena, San Francisco, Oakland in July 2011, during their USA and Canada tour. In September 2011, Aslam performed at New York.
Some more facts:-
- On 22 April 2012, Aslam became the first Pakistani to perform in London’s O2 Arenaa concert spectacular to promote love, peace and unity among India and Pakistan. Aslam performed for four hours.
- In 2012, invitation for three concerts at the World Trade Centre in Dubai. This was followed by his debut concert in Bangkok at the Centara Convention Centre on 6 October 2012.
- On 2 November, he performed his first public concert in Malaysia.
- In December 2012, Aslam was named among top performers of Dubaifor 2012 alongside Pitbull, Enrique Iglesias, Il Divo, Gotye, Evanescence and Swedish House Mafia.
- Aslam also is the first man from Asia, and the second artist after Bryan Adams, to be permitted to perform inside the Dashrath Rangasla National Football Stadium in Kathmandu, Nepal. Aslam once again returned to Dubai for multiple concerts in 2013 at the world-famous Atlantis resort.
(Atif’s performance at Dasrath Rangashala Stadium)
- In April 2013, Aslam performed for the first time at the LG Arena in Birminghamfollowing which he became the first artist from Asia to perform twice at London’s O2 Arena. Also in concert at the O2 were Bollywood stars Shaan, Malaika Arora Khan & Bipasha Basu
- In November 2014, Aslam performed at the Leisure Valley grounds in Gurgaon alongside Arijit Singh in front of thousands.
- In August 2015, Aslam performed at London’s O2 Arenafor the third time.
His influence in his singing career:
Atif’s passion for singing was his biggest influence in his singing career. Though inspired by many Artists, he named Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan as his favorite singer.
His Personal life:
He married his long time girlfriend, educationist Sara Bharwana on 29th of March, 2013. The couple has a son who was born in 2014.
His Achievements and Recognitions:
- ‘Aadat’ from his first album Jal Pari won International Awards.
- Two songs ‘Doorie’ and ‘Maula’ were selected in 2010 for the soundtrack of the Spanish Beauty, the Hindi version of the Spanish film.
- Indus Movie Award in the titles: Best Lyrics, Best Song, and Best Composition for his song ‘Aadat’.
- Best Playback Singer and Best Debut Singer by Sahara Sangeet Awards.
- His two Albums: Jal Pari and Doorie received The Best Album Award from The Lux Style Award.
- He has received other several awards for his music.
Atif Aslam stops his Karachi concert mid-way in order to rescue a girl
According to a report, Pakistani singer Atif Aslam stopped his concert mid-way to rescue a girl who was being harassed by some men.
The singer was performing at the Karachi Eat 2017 concert on Saturday night when he saw a group of men harassing a girl in the front row. Noticing the incident that occured before him, Mr Aslam walked up to the group of youngsters and scolded them.
“Have you never seen a girl before?” Mr Aslam asked.
“Your mother or sister could be here as well,” added Aslam.
Atif Aslam and Ali Zafar collaborated together for their song ‘Yaarian’ first time:
After jamming together for many a times, the two singers joined forces for a song.
The song is titled ‘Yaarian’ and is about friendship and unity. It`s the first time the two superstars collaborated on a song.
“I wanted to be No. 1, but not anymore”, says Atif Aslam
Atif Aslam says, “Fatherhood has changed me and my perspective towards life.” “Before becoming a father, I wanted to be No.1 but now I feel that there is no such thing. I just want to do my job and entertain as long as I can because that’s the best way to win people over.” He adds. Atif Aslam adds about how he goes with his own music. “I don’t listen to my songs. The only time I do it is when someone points out a flaw in the end product.” Maybe Atif doesn’t realise their importance in keeping his fans from becoming severely depressed after a messy breakup or cheering up those still in love. “People come to me and thank me for being there during their breakups or matchups. It seems awkward but I’m glad to be of assistance during their light or dark moods (laughs).”, Atif says.