Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
Journey as a singer/actress
- Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was born in Houston, Texas, to Celestine "Tina" Knowles and Mathew Knowles in September 4, 1981.
- Beyoncé attended St. Mary's Montessori School in Houston, where she enrolled in dance classes. Her singing talent was discovered when dance instructor Darlette Johnson began humming a song and she finished it, able to hit the high-pitched notes.
- Beyoncé's interest in music and performing continued after winning a school talent show at age seven, singing John Lennon's "Imagine" to beat 15/16-year-olds.
- In fall of 1990, Beyoncé enrolled in Parker Elementary School, a music magnet school in Houston, where she would perform with the school's choir.She also attended the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts and later Alief Elsik High School.Beyoncé was also a member of the choir at St. John's United Methodist Church as a soloist for two years.
2.Engagement as an philanthropist, activist:
- Beyoncé has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to organizations such as the Kids Wish Network, Music Rising, Oxfam, Save The Music Foundation, The Lunchbox Fund, Women’s Fund for Scotland, Feeding America, Artists for Peace and Justice.
- The singer has also partnered with major foundations in order to reach out and help others, and has sparked humanitarian campaigns with a global reach.
- She has headlined countless benefit concerts such as London’s “Chime for Change” that aims to spread female empowerment. As a role model for strong women everywhere, the singer aims to empower others through her music and outreach to those who are less fortunate.
- She has sparked humanitarian campaigns such as the #BeyGood campaign, her most recent effort to spread kindness and humanitarian efforts globally.
- Beyoncé Cosmetology Center with her mother Tina in 2010, a training program for people recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
(Picture: Beyoncé Giselle Knowles giving speech in the opening ceremony of Beyoncé Cosmetology Center; Pheonix House)
3.Achievement and Recognition
- Beyoncé Giselle Knowles has received numerous awards. As a solo artist she has sold over 17 million albums in the US, and over 100 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
- Beyoncé was honored with the International Artist Award at the American Music Awards. She has also received the Legend Award at the 2008 World Music Awards, the Billboard Millennium Award at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards, the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2014, and the Fashion Icon Award at the CFDA Awards in 2016.
- Beyoncé has won 20 Grammy Awards, both as a solo artist and member of Destiny's Child, making her the second most honored female artist by the Grammys, behind Alison Krauss.
(Picture: Beyoncé with her Grammy Awards)
- Beyoncé started a relationship with Jay Z after their collaboration on 2002. Beyoncé appeared as Jay Z's girlfriend in the music video for the song, fuelling speculation about their relationship.
- On April 4, 2008, Beyoncé and Jay Z married without publicity. They are known for their private relationship, although they have appeared to become more relaxed in recent years.
- Beyoncé suffered a miscarriage in 2010 or 2011, describing it as "the saddest thing" she had ever endured. She returned to the studio and wrote music in order to cope with the loss.
- In April 2011, Beyoncé and Jay Z traveled to Paris in order to shoot the album cover for 4, and unexpectedly became pregnant in Paris.
- On January 7, 2012, Beyoncé gave birth to a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.
- On February 1, 2017, she revealed on her Instagram account that she is expecting twins.
(Picture1: Beyonce with her daughter, Blue Ivy)
(Picture2: Beyonce and Jay Z)
5.Current music albums
1.Beyoncé Giselle Knowles new album title: When life gives you lemons, turn it into LEMONADE
On April 25, Lemonade was officially released on iTunes and went straight to number one. The record was widely acclaimed by critics, who praised it as Beyoncé's boldest work to date. Lemonade debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200. Lemonade connects cultures along with the all-too-common stories of hardships and resilience in black women worldwide. The film uses extracts of Modern and Black Feminists quotes and emotional poetry throughout, commenting on adultery and the position of women in post-modern society.
Here's the full track list for Lemonade:
'Pray You Catch Me'
'Don't Hurt Yourself' ft. Jack White
'6 Inch' ft. The Weekend
'Forward' ft. James Blake
'Freedom' ft. Kendrick Lamar
- Has pop's Queen Bee publicly shamed her cheating husband... or is it all a cynical money-making stunt? ( 27 April 2016 ) :
Pop fans love to dissect the more opaque lyrics of their idols for hidden meaning. But there really was no mistaking what Beyonce was getting at when she released her new album, Lemonade, at the weekend. Pretty much every song had a reference to the man in her life cheating on her.
‘Tonight I regret the night I put that ring on,’ she reveals in Sorry. On Pray You Catch Me, she sings: ‘You can taste the dishonesty, it’s on your breath as you pass it off so cavalier.’
The ‘visual album’ has been billed as ‘based on every woman’s journey of self-knowledge and healing’. A pretentious, extended wallow in self-pity? The critics don’t think so, hailing its moving portrayal of what one called the ‘resilience of black womanhood’. And yet, after all the Sturm und Drang, Beyonce makes clear that she and her man have reconciled, intoning: ‘So we’re gonna heal. We’re gonna start again.’
Beyoncé Superbowl scandal ( Feb 9, 2016) :
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles started a race row at the Superbowl and nearly went flying. Sexy superstar Beyonce Knowles looked sensation at the Superbowl as she stole the show from Lady Gaga, Coldplay and Bruno Mars. But she also created controversy with accusations that she was promoting her own political and race agenda with her backing dancers in black wigs appearing to form a X-formation in homage to black activist Malcolm X. She was also being scrutinized after a recent cleavage-baring video fuelled the rumors that she is pregnant again.
Not only that, Beyoncé Giselle Knowles also stumbled and almost landed backwards on her ass during the performance. In true diva fashion, she styled it out and ended up receiving praise for her cool save.
(Beyonce at super bowl)
Beyoncé announces she's pregnant with TWINS (02/01/2017):
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles has announced her second pregnancy with an epic Instagram photo. "We would like to share our love and happiness,” the Grammy winner captioned an Instagram shot on Wednesday.
The “Single Ladies” singer — clad in lingerie and a veil, and kneeling in front of a large flower wreath — cradles her baby bump in the colorful photo. She famously announced her last pregnancy at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. She unbuttoned her sequinned tuxedo jacket at the end of her performance of “Love on Top,” (literally) dropped her mic, and rubbed her belly.