Amir Khan | Journey as an Actor, Director, and Producer:
Born on 14th of March 1965,
Amir Khan is an Indian film actor, director, and producer. As a child, in the year 1973, Khan initially appeared in a film Yadoon ki Baaraat. Khan acted in documentaries directed by the FTII, Pune. Khan's debut in the film industry started with the release of the film Raakh in the year 1989. Khan had five film releases in 1990. Khan appeared in several film in the 1980s and 1990s including: Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar, Hum Hain Raheen Pyar Ke, Rangeela, and Andaz Apna Apna all of which achieved greater success.
In 1996, his only release was Raja Hindustani which turned out to be the first yet great success to Khan. Then in 1998, he appeared for the film Ghulam, for which he also did playback singing. Meantime he appeared for several films. In 2001, his another great success Lagaan was released which won him several awards.
This success was fillowed by Dil Chahaata hain during the same year. He then took a four year break from Bollywood after his divorce with Reena Dutta. After getting back to his filming career, Raang De Basanti , which went on for the nomination for Oscar.
In 2007, Tarey Zameen Par was released which marked his directorial debut. In 2008 and 2009. He appeared for two commercial successes Gajhini and 3 idiots.
More facts about Amir Khan
Khan's next appearance was for Dhoom 3, which he considered to be the most difficult role in his career. Khan then made an appearance in PK in 2014. In 2016, he appeared for the movie Dangal as a wrestler, for which he was also a producer.
In 2001, Khan set up his own production named 'Amir Khan Productions' whose first film appeared to be Lagaan. Khan then procuced , Tare Zameen Par, which was his directorial debut. In 2008, he launched 'Jane tu… Ya Janey na' under his production house. In 2011, Khan released his home production, Kiran Rao (his wife) was director.
From 6th of May 2012, Khan made his Television debut with the film Satyamev Jayate. The show exclusively dealt with social issues. Satyamev Jayate received positive reviews from media houses, doctors, and television and film personalities. It brought about all the sensitive issues with great diligence.
His Personal Life:
- Amir Khan fell in love with his neighborhood friend and married Reena Dutta in the year 1986. They had two children. Reena involved in Khan's career when she worked as a producer of Lagaan. In December 2002, Khan filed for divorce, and Reena took custody of both the children.
- On December 2005, Khan married Kiran Rao who had been an assistant director for the film Laagan. On December 2011, they had a child through a surrogate mother.
- In 2007, Khan lost a custody battle for his younger brother Faisal to their father, Tahir Hussain
- On March 2015, Khan stated that he has quit non-vegetarian food and has adopted a vegan lifestyle as being inspired by his wife.
His Achievements and Recognitions:
- Khan has received 8 Filmfare Awards out 0f 26 nominations, which includes Best Actor Award for: Raja Hindustan, Lagaan, and Dangal.
- Khan has also received honorary accolades, including: Padma Shri (2003), Padma Bhusan (2010), and Honorary Doctorate by Maulana Azad National Urdu University for his contribution to Indian Cinema and Entertainment Industry.
- Amir Khan faced public insult when his own brother blamed him for captivating him in the house and intensely giving him pills accusing him of being mentally ill. This case even went to court for which his guardianship gave the liability back to Amir Khan.
- Amir Khan previously called Shah Rukh Khan a dog while stating that he named his dog after him. He later says that Shahrukh is a dog of the concierge of house. Later he visited Shah Rukh's house to apologise him.
- In December 2015, he states in public that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant which was critised by huge number of people.
Amir Khan loses 25 kilos in four months
Amir Khan went through rigorous training and strict diet schedules in order to play for the role of wrestler for his new movie 'Dangal'. He walked around 90 kilometers everyday in order to fit for the role. Known for perfectionism, Khan displayed his strong determination and in the span for those 120 days, he lost all the kilos he gained up previously for the same movie.
Amir Khan to Romance this Actress in 'Thugs of Hindustan'
According to rumors, 'Heropanti' actress Kriti Sanon is all set to share screen space with Amir Khan and Amitabh Bachan in Yash Raj Films 'Thugs of Hindostan'. The film is a story of a group of Thugs of British India.