Journey as an actress:
- Aniston was born in Sherman Oaks, California, the daughter of actor John Aniston and actress Nancy Dow (1936-2016)
- Despite her father's television career, Aniston was discouraged from watching TV, though she found ways around the prohibition. When she was six, she began attending a Waldorf school.
- Having discovered acting at age 11 at the Waldorf school, Aniston enrolled in and graduated from Manhattan's Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, where she joined the school's drama society.
- Aniston supported herself with several part-time jobs, which included working as a telemarketer, waitress, and bike messenger.
- In 1989, Aniston appeared on The Howard Stern Show, as a spokesmodel for Nutrisystem. In the same year, Aniston moved back to Los Angeles.
- And in 1990, Aniston was cast in her first television role, starring as a regular on the series Molloy and Ferris Bueller but both were quickly cancelled.
- Depressed over her four unsuccessful television shows, Aniston approached Warren Littlefield at a Los Angeles gas station asking for reassurance about her career. The head of NBC entertainment encouraged Aniston to continue acting, and a few months later helped cast her for Friends, which became a huge hit for career as an actress.
Engagement as an philanthropist, activist:
- Aniston is a supporter of Friends of El Faro, a grassroots non-profit organization that helps raise money for Casa Hogar Sion, an orphanage in Tijuana, Mexico.
- She has appeared in many TV commercials for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, which she supports. It is a leading children's hospital pioneering research and treatments for kids with cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
( Picture: Jennifer Aniston with St. Jude's Children)
- On April 14, 2007, Aniston received GLAAD's Vanguard Award for her contributions to increased visibility and understanding of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
- Other charities that Aniston has supported include AmeriCares, Clothes Off Our Back, Feeding America, EB Medical Research Foundation, Project A.L.S., OmniPeace, and Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network.
- Aniston donated US$500,000 to Doctors Without Borders, Haitian health care provider Partners In Health and AmeriCares,and also participated in the Hope for Haiti Now telethon.
- In 2015, she supported the Comic Relief, Inc. charity
- In 2016, Aniston was honored by SmartWater for her ongoing philanthropic work for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital at a special event in LA. During the event, Aniston spoke of the importance of philanthropy in her life to InStyle magazine stating, "We live an extremely beautiful, fortunate life being able to do what we get to do for a living. And so it's a way of being able to be in a position to do something for people who are less able. It’s something that makes my heart smile."
Achievement and recognition
- Jennifer Aniston received five Emmy nominations for her work in ’Friends’ and won in the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series category. She was also nominated for two Golden Globe Awards for the same work and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy in 2003.
- In 2004, Aniston was named "The Most Beautiful Woman" by People magazine.
- n 2007, Jennifer Aniston won Vanguard Award for her role in promoting equal rights for LGBT people.
- In 2011, Men's Health magazine also voted her the "Sexiest Woman of All Time".
- Also in 2012, Jennifer Aniston received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- And in 2015, Aniston was awarded the Best Actress Award for her role in ‘Cake’ by Capri Hollywood Film Festival.
- In addition, she won several People’s Choice Awards and Teen Choice Awards for her role in different TV shows and films.
( Picture: Jennifer Aniston embracing her People's Choice Award)
- After two years of dating, Aniston married Brad Pitt on July 29, 2000 but on January 7, 2005, they announced their separation and finalized their divorce on October 2, 2005.
- During their divorce proceedings, there was intense speculation in the media that Pitt had been unfaithful to Aniston with his Mr. & Mrs. Smith co-star Angelina Jolie, whom he started dating soon after the split.
- Aniston dated actor Vince Vaughn from 2005 to December 2006 and she subsequently dated musician John Mayer from 2008 to 2009.
- Aniston started a relationship with actor, director, and screenwriter Justin Theroux in May 2011. In January 2012, Aniston and Theroux purchased a home in Los Angeles's Bel-Air neighborhood for roughly US$22 million. They became engaged on August 10, 2012 and were married on August 5, 2015 at their Bel-Air estate.
( Picture: Jennifer Aniston with her husband, Justin Theroux)
Mother's Day ( April 29, 2016) :
Mother's Day is a 2016 American romantic comedy film where Jennifer Aniston plays the role of Sandy, who is a happily divorced (and deeply delusional) mother of two. "Mother’s Day" is the rare comedy in which the funniest moments are all unintentional, and hearing Jennifer Aniston sincerely compare a clown’s bottomless hanky to "the bottomless love of a mother for her child" results in the kind of laughter that can’t be engineered.
Storks (September 23, 2016):
Storks is a 2016 American 3D computer-animated adventure buddy comedy film produced by Warner Animation Group, RatPac-Dune Entertainment and Stoller Global Solutions. Jennifer voice cast as Sarah Gardner, Nate's(her son) workaholic overprotective mother who opposes the idea of a brother for work reasons, but changes her mind after Henry(her husband) convinces her.
(Picture: Release picture of Storks)
Office Christmas Party (December 9, 2016):
Office Christmas Party is a 2016 American Christmas comedy film. Jennifer Aniston plays Carol Vanstone, CEO, who hates christmas. As she plans on downsizing her company and cancelling employees' christmas parties, his brother(T.J miller) host a epic office christmas party to in an effort to impress potential clients and close a sale that will save their job.
(Picture: Carol (Jennifer aniston) strangling her brother (T.J miller) in the movie)
The Yellow Birds ( January 21, 2017):
The Yellow Birds is a 2017 American war film directed by Alexandre Moors and based on the novel The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers. Jennifer plays the role of a mother, Maureen Murphy.
The movie connects into the humanity of the soldiers; the parents that are left behind waiting and counting the minutes. Aniston is also an executive producer on the project, which was first brought to her attention by Cinelou Films’ Marc Canton and Courtney Solomon, who previously produced Daniel Barnz’s Cake, of which Aniston was also star and executive producer.
(Picture: Jennifer Aniston in the movie clip)
Angelina Jolie/ Brad Pitt/ Jennifer Aniston:
No love triangle in history has gripped us the way Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston’s relationship has. It started in 2005 but we’re all still glued to see where this one is going.
It may have been shortlived, but the five year marriage of America's Sweethearts Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston was the stuff of rom-coms. The impossibly beautiful couple got married on July 29, 2000 to the delight of their fans and they continued to show every sign of being truly in love—that is right up until Brad Pitt went to work with Angelina Jolie on Mr & Mrs Smith in 2004. The fairy-tale was over and the couple quickly divorced. It was believed that Brad Pitt cheating on Jennifer Aniston with Angelina Jolie was the reason of divorce.
Before Aniston even filed for divorce, photos of Pitt and Jolie basking on the beach in Kenya emerged giving more evidence to their secret relationship. By Jan. of 2006, Jolie confirmed that she was pregnant with Pitt's child and the couple would later get engaged in 2012 and marry in 2014.
(Picture: Jennifer Aniston, Brad pitt and Angelina Jolie)
Did Jennifer Aniston Go All Angelina Jolie on Justin Theroux's Girlfriend?
Some critics of Jennifer Aniston's relationship with Justin Theroux say that she "stole" boyfriend Justin from his girlfriend of 14 years, Heidi Bivens. In other words, haters say Jen pulled an Angelina Jolie.
The 42-year-old fell hard for costar Theroux on the Georgia set of Wanderlust last fall, and "nothing was going to get in her way," Us Weekly reports.
"Jen went after him hard," a set source says, dishing on how Aniston and Theroux began having secret trysts at her temporary, secluded digs. Charmed by his quick wit, hipster style and impressive screenwriter background, Aniston "overlooked her secret beau's relationship status." "Jen wanted Justin and it didn't matter that he was already with someone," says the source.
But Justin didn't go public with Jen until very recently, he and Heidi weren't married, and there's no proof of cheating.