Journey as an actress
- Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson (15 April, 1990) born in Paris, France, the daughter of English lawyers Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson.
- From the age of six, she wanted to become an actress, and trained at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts, a part-time theatre school where she studied singing, dancing, and acting.
- By the age of ten, Watson had performed in various Stagecoach productions and school plays, including Arthur: The Young Years and The Happy Prince, but she had never acted professionally before the Harry Potter series.
- In 1999, casting began for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (released as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the United States). Casting agents found Watson through her Oxford theatre teacher, and producers were impressed by her confidence. After eight auditions, producer David Heyman told Watson and fellow applicants Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint that they had been cast for the roles of the school friends Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, respectively. From there, Watson started her acting career.
( Emma Watson as Hermione Granger)
Engagement as an philanthropist, activist
- Watson has promoted education for girls, visiting Bangladesh and Zambia to do so.
- In July 2014, she was appointed as a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador. In September that year, an admittedly nervous Watson delivered an address at UN Headquarters in New York City to launch the UN Women campaign HeForShe, which calls for men to advocate for gender equality.Watson puts most of her philanthropic efforts into her campaign with the UN “HeForShe”.
- Emma Watson has supported many charities such as Great Ormond Street Hospital, Millennium Promise, Sense, ShelterBox, Small Steps Project, UNIFEM.
( Emma Watson delivering speech about #HeForShe in UN )
(Emma Watson visits cancer-struck patient Vanessa Moss at the Great Ormond Street Hospital).
Achievement and recognition
- In 2002, she won the Young Artist Award for ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actress’ for ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’.
- She won the ITV National Film Award for ‘Best Female Performance’ for ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’, in 2007.
- In February 2010, she was named ‘Hollywood’s highest paid female star’, with an estimated $19 million the previous year.
- She won the Teen Choice Awards in three categories; ‘Choice Movie: Actress Sci-Fi/Fantasy’, ‘Choice Movie Liplock’ and ‘Choice Summer Movie: Female’ for ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1’, in 2011.
- She won the ‘San Diego Film Critics Society Award’ for ‘Best Ensemble Performance’ and ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 2’, in 2011.
- In 2013, She won 'People's Choice Awards' in the category of Favourite Drama Movie Actress for Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- In 2014, She won 'Britannia Awards ' and 'British Fashion Awards' for British Artist of the Year and Best British Style respectively.
(Emma Watson - People's Choice Awards 2013 Winner)
- Emma Watson prefers not to discuss her private life, so she rarely mentions her love affairs. The actress prefers to reply to such questions with general phrases about what qualities she likes in men and what kind of family she wants. However, apart from long relationships, Emma Watson also had numerous admirers, and she rarely lacks men’s attention.
- During the filming of the first movie, she liked Tom Felton, who played the role of Draco Malfoy. Later Emma Watson confessed that when she was ten – twelve years old, she had a terrible crush on Tom Felton, who did not pay any attention to her. Tom saw Emma as his little sister and it broke her heart. The first love is not always mutual.
Emma talks about her crush, Tom Felton.
- The first serious love of Emma Watson was a rugby player, Tom Ducker, when Emma was 17, but the relationships didn’t last too long.
- In the summer of 2009, Emma Watson met a 27-years-old bank clerk, Jay Barrymore, with whom Emma developed her first lasting relationships for over two years.
- At the beginning of 2014, there were only rumors about new relationships with an Oxford rugby player, Matthew Janney but ended up separated.
(Emma Watson and her ex-boyfriend, Matthew Janney)
- The press and numerous fans always talk about Emma’s relationships with a variety of handsome guys. This is not surprising because the actress is guarding her private life so carefully that it only stirs up curiosity.
Emma Watson did not star in any movies in 2016.
Regression ( September 18, 2015):
Regression is a 2015 Canadian-Spanish-American psychological thriller horror film. Harry Potter star Emma Watson plays traumatized teen Angela Gray. Emma Watson takes a small step away from her signature role as goody-two-shoes Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series by portraying a sexual abuse victim, whose tearful confession sets the plot's creaking wheels in motion.
Beauty and The Beast:
Beauty and the Beast is an upcoming American romantic fantasy musical film. On January 26, 2015, Emma Watson announced that she would be starring as Belle, the female lead.
It's premises-Belle is a young woman who is taken prisoner by a Beast in his castle in exchange for the freedom of her father Maurice. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle's enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast's exterior to recognize the true heart and soul of the human Prince within. Meanwhile, a hunter named Gaston is on the loose to take Belle for himself and later intends to hunt down the Beast at any cost.
Disney announced the film would be released in 3D on March 17, 2017.
Emma Watson as Bella in Beauty and the Beast.
Emma Watson threatened with nude photo leak after speaking out about feminism:
Watson, 24, revealed this disturbing turn of events in a Facebook Q&A session on Sunday, March 8, in recognition of International Women's Day. She received threats from alleged hackers, who promised to release nude photos of the petite beauty in retaliation for her pro-feminist words. "The minute I stepped up and talked about women’s rights I was immediately threatened ... in less than 12 hours I was receiving threats," Watson said.
"I knew it was a hoax," she says, for the simple reason that "I knew the pictures didn’t exist."
These cowardly threats follow her empowering speech about feminism, in which she insisted the movement also includes men.
Emma Watston Wears 2016 MET Gala Dress Made of WHAT?!?
Watson's MET Gala ensemble was actually made from recycled plastic bottles, using it as an opportunity to highlight the amazing advancements in eco fashion.
Emma Watson had made it clear that her focus is so far beyond the mere world of movie making.
Wrote Watson's stylist, Sarah Slutsky, by way of explanation on Instagram:
"With the help of Eco Age this five piece look is created from three fabrics woven from yarns all made from recycled plastic bottles."
Seriously, how cool is that?!?
Prince Harry and Emma Watson: DATING?!?!?
An Australian tabloid called Woman's Day is reporting that Emma Watson is dating Prince Harry. According to Down Under insiders (an oxymoron if ever there was one), when Harry found out that Emma was no longer dating Matthew Janney, he sent the beloved actress an email stating that he'd "like to get to know her."
Since then, Emma and Harry have reportedly been on several "secret dates."
This rumor may turn out to be legit (Dating royalty would probably mean some major points for Gryffindor), but it seems like a case of "too good to be true."