Journey as an actor
- First of all, Daniel Jacob Radcliffe was born in 23 July 1989 in Queen Charlotte's Hospital, Hammersmith, London, England. He is the only child of Marcia Jeannine Gresham (née Jacobson) and Alan George Radcliffe.
- Radcliffe first expressed a desire to act at the age of five, and in December 1999, aged 10, he made his acting debut in BBC One's televised two-part adaptation of the Charles Dickens novel David Copperfield, portraying the title character as a young boy.
- In 2000, producer David Heyman asked Radcliffe to audition for the role of Harry Potter for the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and was selected to play the part. Then started his life in acting career.
(Radcliffe as Harry Potter)
- The film was highly popular and was met with positive reviews, and critics took notice of Radcliffe. He continued to play the role of Harry Potter in later movies.
- At age 17, in a bid to show people he was prepared for adult roles, he performed onstage in Peter Shaffer's play Equus.
Engagement as an Philanthropist, activist
- Radcliffe, 20, made a large donation to the Trevor Project, which runs a 24-hour helpline offering support to ''lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning'' (LGBTQ) young people to try to reduce the number who attempt to take their own lives. Radcliffe recently told Attitude magazine that he ''loathed'' homophobia and said he hoped his support would raise the charity's profile.
- Dan signed items for an auction to help the Luke Neuhedel Foundation.
- Quidditch World Cup program from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire signed by Dan sold at an auction benefitting Holme Village Pre-School for £2,000 ($3,780).
- Autographed the “Green Room Book” which raised over $34,000 (£18,000) at an auction to benefit the Lupus Foundation of America.
- Radcliffe successfully bid on handwritten works by writers Iain Banks and Tom Stoppard and the handwritten history of the family of Sirius Black, his character’s godfather, at a charity auction which benefited Book Aid International.
- Dan autographed and donated his Hogwarts Crew T-Shirt, which he wore while making Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, to help raise money for Rebuilding Sri Lanka.
- Dan’s favorite charity is Demelza House, which provides the best care and support for seriously ill babies, children, young people.
Achievement and Recognition
- Radcliffe went overnight from being a boy who dabbled in acting to the instantly famous actor who would embody Harry Potter.
- In February 2010 he was named the sixth highest paid Hollywood male star and placed at number five on Forbes's December list of Hollywood's highest-grossing actors.
- And in 2001, Radcliffe won 'Teen Choice Awards' , 'National Movie Awards' for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- Also in 2007, received award for Best Male Performance in The Order of Pheonix.
- 2012, achieved MTV Movie Awards for Best Crew and Best Hero.
- 2013, Radcliffe won Glamour Awards and Jameson Empire Awards for Man of the Year and Empire Hero respectively.
Daniel Radcliffe- Jameson Empire Awards 2013
- In 2008, Radcliffe revealed that he has a mild form of the neurological disorder developmental coordination disorder. The motor skill disorder sometimes prevents him from doing simple activities, such as writing or tying his own shoelaces.
- Also in August 2010, he stopped drinking alcohol after finding himself becoming too reliant on it.
- And in November 2007 Radcliffe published several poems under the pen name Jacob Gershon .
- As of October 2012, Radcliffe has been dating American,Erin Darke, whom he met on the set of Kill Your Darlings.
- There were rumors and stories of a possible engagement in mid-2014, but Darke's father Ian Darke denied there were any such plans in December 2014.
(Daniel Radcliffe and Erin Darke)
Swiss Army Man ( June 24, 2016):
In this movie, Swiss Army Man is a 2016 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert. Starring by Paul Dano, Daniel Radcliffe, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. As well as, Daniel Radcliffe plays the role of Manny, a corpse that begins a slow transition into speaking and a grasp into English language.Also Manny has forgotten everything about his former life and Hank played by Paul Dano,tries to teach him various concepts about life, but Manny's childlike and shameless interpretations of these concepts conflict with what Hank considers socially acceptable behavior.
Now You See Me 2 (June 10, 2016):
Daniel Radcliffe Is To Star As A 'Slytherin' For Now You See Me 2
Now You See Me 2 is a 2016 American heist thriller film. In the movie, Daniel Radcliffe castes as Walter Mabry, Arthur Tressler's illegitimate young technology tycoon son where the actor's character Walter Mabry is more muggle than wizard.
Imperium ( August 19, 2016):
Imperium is a 2016 American thriller film. Where Radcliffe had been cast in the lead role as a portraying a young FBI agent. He goes undercover to find and stop white supremacists trying to make a dirty bomb.
In the movie, Daniel Radcliffe improbably cast as Nate Foster, a nerdy agent whose supposed knack for interpersonal skills – catches the eye of his maverick superior Angela Zamparo (Toni Collette) who recruits him as an undercover operative – also, diverting him away from what the bureau considers the more pressing jihadi threat.
Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About Dark Harry Potter Days:
“I have a very addictive personality,” Daniel, told the UK’s Heat magazine. As well as he said,“People with problems like that are very adept at hiding it, but it was bad. In the last three years of drinking I blacked out nearly every time. I never drank at work on Harry Potter, but I went into work still [under the influence]. Dead behind the eyes.”
Daniel Radcliffe: Engaged to Erin Darke?!
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe is engaged to longtime girlfriend Erin Darke, Star according to magazine reports. The relationship of Daniel and Erin Darke was made official in early 2013, and despite hailing from different countries (Erin is American) and the two have reportedly been inseparable ever since. "They're trying to keep it low key," says a source close to the couple. Which means, "But they're both bursting with excitement. And as a result ,we saw him the happiest in years!"
Daniel Radcliffe Address Topic of Teenage Bullying:
“Learning about the suicide deaths of Tyler Clementi, Seth Walsh, Asher Walker, Billy Lucas and Justin Aaberg has been heartbreaking for me,” said Daniel Radcliffe.