Journey as an Actor
- William Bradley “Brad” Pitt (December 18, 1963)was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma, to William Alvin Pitt, and Jane Etta (née Hillhouse).
- Pitt attended Kickapoo High School, where he was a member of the golf, swimming and tennis teams.He participated in the school’s Key and Forensics clubs, in school debates, and in musicals.
- Following his graduation from high school, Pitt enrolled in the University of Missouri in 1982, majoring in journalism with a focus on advertising.As graduation approached, Pitt did not feel ready to settle down.
- He loved films—”a portal into different worlds for me”—and, since films were not made in Missouri, he decided to go to where they were made.Two weeks before earning his degree, Pitt left the university and moved to Los Angeles, where he took acting lessons and worked odd jobs.
- Pitt’s acting career began in 1987, with uncredited parts in the films No Way Out, No Man’s Land and Less Than Zero.
Engagement as an philanthropist, activist
- Much of Pitt’s charitable work has come about as a result of his wife’s deep involvement in humanitarian issues, but he did take the lead in creating an organization to help rebuild New Orleans, and has been outspoken on marriage equality.
- Pitt founded the Make It Right Foundation in the wake of hurricane Katrina, making an initial donation of $5 million to rebuild New Orleans, and bringing together a number of architects and contractors, with a focus on green housing.
( Brad pitt giving speech in Make It RIght Foundation)
- Pitt also cofounded Not On Our Watch (NOOW), an organization that aims to prevent mass atrocities. He and Jolie have also donated $1 million to relief and refugee organizations in Chad and Sudan, $1 million to a U.N. Pakistani refugee agency, $1 million to Global Action for Children, and have also been active in helping rebuild Haiti.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have established health centers in Cambodia and Ethiopia to treat children with AIDS and tuberculosis.
(Brad Pitt visits South Africa as part of the ONE Campaign)
Achievement and Recognition
- In 1995, his supporting role in the science fiction movie ’12 Monkeys’, won him the ‘Golden Globe Award’, as well as a nomination for the ‘Academy Award’.
- Brad won a nomination for the ‘Emmy Award’ for ‘Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series’, for his cameo in eighth season of the popular sitcom ‘Friends’.
- In 2007, the popular actor won ‘Volpi Cup’ award for ‘Best Actor’ for his performance in his own company’s production, ‘The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford’. The award was presented at the ’64th Venice International Film Festival’.
- He won several ‘Academy’ and ‘Golden Globe’ nominations for his portrayal of the protagonist in the 2008 film, ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’.
- In 2013, he won the Oscar for his movie 12 years of Slave in the category of Best Picture. Later in 2016, he was again nominated for Oscar for ‘”The Big Short”.
(Brad Pitt receiving Oscar in 2013)
- In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Pitt was involved in successive relationships with several of his co-stars.
- Pitt met Friends actress Jennifer Aniston in 1998 and married her in a private wedding ceremony in Malibu on July 29, 2000. For years their marriage was considered a rare Hollywood success; however, in 2005, Pitt and Aniston decided to separate.
- In April 2005, one month after Aniston filed for divorce, a set of paparazzi photographs emerged showing Pitt, Jolie and her son Maddox at a beach in Kenya as an evidence of a relationship between Pitt and Jolie.
- On January 11, 2006, Jolie confirmed to People that she was pregnant with Pitt’s child, thereby publicly acknowledging their relationship for the first time. Pitt and Jolie announced their engagement in April 2012 after seven years together. They were married on August 23, 2014, in a private ceremony in Château Miraval, France.
- On September 19, 2016, Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt, citing irreconcilable differences
( Picture: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie)
a.Voyage of Time: Life’s Journey (October 7, 2016):
Voyage of Time is a 2016 American IMAX documentary film that is said to be an examination of the birth and death of the known universe. Voyage of Time is a celebration of the universe, displaying the whole of time, from its start to its final collapse. This film examines all that occurred to prepare the world that stands before us now: science and spirit, birth and death, the grand cosmos and the minute life systems of our planet.
Brad Pitt is the narrator(IMAX version) of the movie along with Cate blenchett (35-millimetre feature-length edition). Both of them narrate in two different version.
b.Allied (November 25, 2016):
Allied is a 2016 World War II romantic thriller film. It stars Brad Pitt as a Canadian intelligence officer, Max Vatan and Marion Cotillard as a French woman spying for the Germans and posing as a Resistance fighter, who fall in love during a mission.
c.The Lost City of Z :
The Lost City of Z is a 2016 American action adventure biographical film written and directed by James Gray. Brad Pitt is the executive producer of the movie.Initially Brad Pitt was to star as Colonel Percy Fawcett, additionally providing production duties through his Plan B Entertainment. In November 2010, Pitt withdrew from the lead role due to scheduling conflicts, but remained attached as the producer to the film.
The film had its world premiere as closing night film on October 15, 2016, at the New York Film Festival. The film is scheduled to be released in the United States on April 21, 2017.
- Brad Pitt: Affair With Marion Cotillard Caused Split From Angelina Jolie!
Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from Brad Pitt. Rumors have followed Jolie and Pitt ever since they hooked up on the 2003 set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith, which ultimately caused the end of his marriage to Jennifer Aniston. Now, it appears that their affair has come to bite Jolie back.
According to Page Six, Jolie hired a private investigator to find out if her husband was having an affair with his Allied co-star, Marion Cotillard.
Not only was Pitt rolling around with Cotillard, but the p.i. discovered that he was also hooking up with Russian hookers while filming the World War II drama in the U.K.
Brad Pitt Child Abuse:
First, the LAPD says it has not received any reports or phone calls about an incident that allegedly took place on the couple’s private plane while Jolie and some of the pair’s six children were present. The complaint also claims that Pitt was drunk at the time.
Authorities said that any suspicions of child abuse within their jurisdiction are fully investigated. And that there would be a record of any phone call alerting them to this possibility. No such record exists.
- Brad Pitt: Checked Into Rehab For Addiction Issues?
There were a number of rumors about Brad’s misbehavior, including one that claimed Pitt was hooked on drugs and booze. The situation doesn’t appear to be as severe as many initially thought, but it’s beginning to look like the accusations weren’t completely baseless either. There might be something to those reports that Angie was getting fed up with Brad’s substance abuse, as well.