Journey as a singer/actress
Jennifer Shrader Lawrence was born on August 15, 1990, in Indian Hills, Kentucky, to Gary and Karen. She has two older brothers, Ben and Blaine, and her mother brought her up to be “tough” like them. The actress was educated at the Kammerer Middle School in Louisville. Lawrence did not enjoy her childhood due to hyperactivity and social anxiety, and considered herself a misfit among her peers. She says that her anxieties vanished when she performed on stage, and that acting gave her a sense of accomplishment.
When Lawrence was 14, she was spotted on the street during her family vacation to New York, by a talent scout who arranged for her to audition for agents. Lawrence’s mother was not keen on allowing her to pursue an acting career, but eventually moved to the city to let her read for roles. After Lawrence’s first audition, the agents said that hers was the best they had heard from someone that young.
She signed on with the CESD Talent Agency, who convinced her parents to let her audition for roles in Los Angeles. Lawrence was eventually home-schooled in Los Angeles, and graduated two years early with good grades.
Lawrence first job came in the form of a commercial for MTV’s My Super Sweet 16, which led to other ads for big names such as Burger King and appearances in TV series.
In 2008 Jennifer starred in Garden Party, The Burning Plain and Poker House. In 2010, her breakthrough role came in the small-scale drama Winter’s Bone.
Source: (Hello magazine, 2017)
Engagement as an philanthropist, activist
- Lawrence launched her own charity, the Lawrence Foundation, which says it supports the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, West End School, St. Mary’s Center, Hadley Mercer and the Special Olympics.
- Jennifer Lawrence donated $2M to a children’s charity in her hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. She announced that she had set up the Jennifer Lawrence Foundation Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Kosair Children’s Hospital.
- Another cause for Lawrence is arts education. She had announced that she’s giving more than $200,000 to several Greater Louisville arts organizations through her ‘The Jennifer Lawrence Arts Fund’ at the Fund for the Arts (JLAF).
Source: (Scutari, 2016)
(Jennifer Lawrence at Kosair Children’s Hospital)
Achievement and Recognition
Lawrence has been nominated four times for the Academy Award, taking the Oscar home in the category of ‘Actress in a Leading Role’ for the movie ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ at only 22 years, the second youngest to ever receive an Oscar for ‘Best Actress’. In her career, she has earned one Academy Award, one BAFTA Award, three Golden Globe Awards, four Critics’ Choice Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, seven MTV Movie Awards, five People’s Choice Awards, and five Teen Choice Awards.
(Jennifer Lawrence at 2016 Golden Globe Awards)
- Lawrence graduated from high school two years early with a 3.9 GPA which was a part of the deal her parents made with her to allow her to pursue acting.
- In 2010, she began dating Nicholas Hoult but eventually broke up at 2014. Also that year, she was one of the victims of the iCloud leaks of celebrity photos, during which nude pictures of her were leaked online, emphasizing that the images were never meant to be public. Lawrence called the leak a “sex crime” and a “sexual violation”, adding that viewers of the images should be ashamed at their part in a sexual offense.
- In 2014, involved in an on-and-off again relationship with Coldplay’s Chris Martin, which reportedly ended in the summer of 2015. During that year she also launched the Jennifer Lawrence Foundation, which supports charities such as the Boys & Girls Clubs of Americaand the Special Olympics.
Source: (Editors, 2017)
(Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult)
X- Men : Apocalypse (May 27, 2016):
X-Men: Apocalypse is a 2016 American superhero film based on the fictional X-Men characters that appear in Marvel Comics. It is the ninth installment in the X-Men film series. In the movie, Lawrence is casted as Raven Darkhölme / Mystique, playing a mutant with shapeshifting abilities, globally renowned for saving Nixon’s life 10 years prior. Emotionally, the film features a great story that survives despite an overwrought running time of 144 minutes. Some substandard special effects that degrade the overall visual impact, and overplayed fight scenes that get too repetitive. Everyone else does his or her job well, creating a solid ensemble of returning actors and fresh faces.
Passengers (December 21, 2016):
Passengers is a 2016 American science fiction adventure film directed by Morten Tyldum and written by Jon Spaihts. It stars Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt, Michael Sheen, Laurence Fishburne and Andy García. The film tells about two people who wake up 90 years too soon from an induced hibernation on board a spaceship bound for a new planet.
Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Evans Dating?!
The latest rumors surrounding Jen’s love life have her dating Captain America himself, Chris Evans. “It’s very new,” a source tells Life & Style. “They just started seeing each other a couple of weeks ago. Only their closest friends know. “They’ve only gone on two dates so far, but they have been texting each other and talking on the phone.
Source: (Johnson, 2016)
Jennifer Lawrence REALLY hates Donald Trump!
Unlike Tom Brady, J-Law was never a Trump supporter, a fact she made very clear during a recent press conference to promote The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.
“If Donald Trump becomes president, that will be the end of the world,” Lawrence bluntly told a crowd of reporters. Co-star Josh Hutcherson backed her up, and Liam Hemsworth stated that he thinks the Donald’s run for the White House might be an elaborate publicity stunt, which led Lawrence to elaborate on her anti-Trump sentiment.
Source: (Johnson, The Hollywood Gossips, 2015)
Jennifer Lawrence Describes Taylor Swift as a ‘Bad A$$ Bitch’
At Comic-con Lawrence spoke to Extra and referenced the letter Swift wrote to Apple in which the artist stood for the rights of musician everywhere. Due to which, Lawrence thinks Taylor is pretty darn amazing. Lawrence told Extra,” She’s awesome. She’s a lot more well spoken than I am”. It seems that Jennifer Lawrence loves Taylor Swift like everyone else.
Source: (Hater, 2015)